V puff stitch cowl
This pattern was created to match the Chloe Slouch. This cowl, just like its matching slouch hat, is both stylish and functional. The V puff stitches give it interesting visual appeal.
¾ skein Red Heart with Love- color used- Pewter
Skilled Beginner- Intermediate
12″ (30.5 cm) wide at top and bottom
14″ (35.5 cm) wide in center
11″ (28 cm) tall
VPS= V Puff Stitch- created using to half puff stitches with a ch2 between.
*Yarn over (yo), insert hook in stitch (st), yo, pull through st (3 loops on hook). Yo, insert hook in same st, yo, pull through st (5 loops on hook). Yo and pull through all 5 loops. Chain 2 repeat from * one time.
- Sl st into the top of the first st (vps or sc) to join each round, skipping over the ch1
- Technically the symbol shown in the chart below is for a popcorn stitch (variation), however there was not a symbol to illustrate the two half puff stitches combined to make a VPS (V Puff Stitch), used in this pattern. Please refer to the “Special Stitches” above for a description of the VPS.
1. FSC 75. Join with sl st
2. Ch1. 1sc in every st around. Sl st into the top of the 1st sc (skipping over the ch1) <75>
3. Ch1. VPS in same st. Ch1. *Skip 2sts. VPS in next st. Ch1. Repeat from * to end. Sl st into
the first st on top of the first VPS, skipping over the ch1, to join round. <25VPS with 25 ch1’s in between>.
4. Sl st into ch2 sp (center) of first VPS. Ch1. VPS in same st. VPS in ch2 (center) sp of every VPS of previous round. Sl st into the top of the first st on the VPS to join round (skipping over ch1). <25VPS with 25 ch1’s in between>
5-23. Repeat row 4
24. Ch1. *1sc in the next ch2 space. Skin the next st. 1sc in each of the next 2sts (these two stitches appear as if they are between the VPS’). Repeat from * around. Sl st into the first sc to join round. <75>
25. Ch1. 1sc in every st around. Do not sl st into the first sc to join. Follow my invisible finish to fasten off.
You can find the matching Chloe V Puff Stitch Slouch here
I hope you enjoyed this pattern, have fun and as always
If you enjoyed this cowl you will love these cowls too.
Pattern was created using Red Heart With Love in Pewter